The City of Kalamazoo will be installing water main within the Right-of-Way (ROW) along the north side of W. O Ave., west of 8th Street in Texas Township beginning in early June. The new water main will be connected to the water tower that is currently under construction near the 6th Street Park, and once complete will help to stabilize water distribution system pressures throughout Texas Township and increase the available water for firefighting activities in the area. This work will begin in early June and is planned to be complete by Labor Day. The work will involve the following:
- Open cut trenching, digging, and backfilling operations.
- The closure of W. O Ave to thru traffic from 8th Street to 6th Street.
- Tree trimming and removal within the ROW.
- Mailbox removal and reinstallation.
- Removal and restoration of sections of W. O Ave.
- Driveway removal and restoration within the ROW.
- Removal and relocation of personal items that may currently be located in the ROW, including: lights, retaining walls, plants, and other items that may be present. The City has been instructed by the Road Commission of Kalamazoo County (RCKC) to only reinstall plants (not trees or other items) within the ROW. Non-plant items that may currently be located in the ROW will either be relocated immediately north of the ROW by the City’s contractor or may be retained by you. If you currently have lights, retaining walls, or other items installed within the ROW, please contact the City at your earliest convenience to discuss this further.
The City of Kalamazoo has contracted with Lounsbury Excavating to perform this work. Construction related impacts to you will be minimized during the completion of this project. Provisions have been made to ensure you continue to receive mail service, parcel deliveries, school bus services, and refuse service. Additionally, access to your home and access for emergency vehicles will be provided at all times.
Thank you for all your cooperation and patience as we work together on these water system improvements!
Please feel free to direct any questions to Eric Sajtar with the City of Kalamazoo
269-491-3882 or email@example.com
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.