Frequently Asked Questions

What are the Texas Township office hours?

Monday-Thursday from 8:00am-5:00pm and Friday from 8:00am-12:00pm.

Please note that passports are processed by appointment only

How do I request an absentee ballot?

You can fill out the below form and return it to the Clerk’s Office either via postal mail or by email at Once we receive your application, we will mail you a ballot.

Want to vote absentee in future elections? Join our Permanent Absentee Voter Application List to automatically receive your ballot applications by mail in the future.

Absentee Ballot Application Form Join the Permanent Absentee Voter List

When are my taxes due?

December 1, 2020 | Winter Property Taxes Mailed
February 16, 2021 | Winter Property Taxes Due
July 1, 2021 | Summer Property Tax Bills Mailed
September 14, 2021 | Summer Property Tax Bills Due
September 15, 2021 | 1% Interest Charge Added to all Late Summer Tax Bills
December 1, 2021 | Winter Property Taxes Mailed

How do I apply for a burn permit?

You can obtain a burning permit by submitting the burning permit form online or by stopping by our office Monday-Thursday from 8:00am-5:00pm and Friday from 8:00am-12:00pm or by submitting an online burning permit.

Online Burn Permit Form

Please note that there are limits on burning and weather-related instances when burning will not be permitted. If you are curious as to whether you’re able to burn on a specific day, please contact the Fire Department at 269.375.4610.

Where can I view my property assessment and tax information?

Who is responsible for the road maintenance and snow plowing for my street?

The Road Commission of Kalamazoo County (RCKC) is responsible for all road maintenance and snow removal on public streets in Texas Township. If you have questions or concerns, please contact RCKC at 269-381-3171.

How do I apply for a passport?

Texas Township accepts passport applications by appointment only. To learn more about the passport process and the necessary documentation, please click here.

When do I appeal my property assessment?

Assessment notices are sent out in February each year. If you would like to question and/or appeal your assessment, you have 2 weeks to contact the Assessors’ Office at Texas Township at 269-375-1591.

Where do I take oil, paint, batteries, computers, and other hazardous materials?

Kalamazoo County Household Hazardous Waste: 269-373-5211

Who should I report a burned out streetlight to?

Please contact Consumers Energy with the light’s location.

Report a Street Light Issue

Can't Find Your Answer? Ask Us.

Or call our office at 269-375-1591.

    Your Name (required)

    Your Email (required)


    Your Message