- What are the Texas Township office hours?
The Township Office is open to the public:
- Monday through Thursday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Friday from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
Please note that passports are processed by appointment only.
- How do I request an absentee ballot?
You can fill out the below form and return it to the Clerk's Office either via postal mail or by Email Elections. Once we receive your application, we will mail you a ballot.
Want to vote absentee in future elections? Visit the Michigan Voter Information Center to join the Permanent Absentee Voter Application List to automatically receive your ballot applications by mail in the future.
- When are my taxes due?
- How do I apply for a burn permit?
You may obtain a burning permit online or by calling the Fire Department at 269-375-4610. View the online burn permit form
Please note that there are limits on burning and weather-related instances when burning will not be permitted.
- Where can I view my property assessment and tax information?
- Who is responsible for the road maintenance and snow plowing for my street?
The Road Commission of Kalamazoo County (RCKC) is responsible for all road maintenance and snow removal on public streets in Texas Township.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact RCKC at 269-381-3171.
- How do I apply for a passport?
Texas Township accepts passport applications by appointment only. To learn more about the passport process and the necessary documentation, View passport information.
- When do I appeal my property assessment?
Assessment notices are sent out in February each year. If you would like to question and/or appeal your assessment, you have 2 weeks to contact the Assessors' Office at Texas Township at 269-375-1591.
- Where do I take oil, paint, batteries, computers, and other hazardous materials?
Kalamazoo County Household Hazardous Waste: 269-373-5211
- Who should I report a burned out streetlight to?
The streetlights in Texas Township are maintained by Consumers Energy and AEP. If you have an outage in your neighborhood, please contact them directly. Below you will find the links to report an outage to your respective provider: